Father's Day is quickly approaching. Do you already have a plan for how to celebrate this incredible person in your life? He has guided you and loved you through ups and downs. He has nurtured and held your precious children with gentle strength. He has fought wars, built homes and business, grown up, has been there as a shoulder to cry on and has become a hero in his children's eyes.
Why not skip the 'tie giving' this year and celebrate him in a way that touches his heart?
Here are some creative things to do with your favorite dad on his very own special day!
1. Together, watch a family video of your father playing with you when you were an infant or a child and enjoy the laughs!
2. Gather your siblings together and make your own tribute video about your dad and his role in your life.
3. Similar to the above, make an audio recording mix of past conversations you've had with your dad. Include jokes you told when you were a child, alternating with messages of thankfulness that you record now. Feel free to include your siblings or keep it as your own!
4. Write a short essay or poem about a beautiful memory you have of your father. Perhaps even ask your dad to right one as well, maybe about a mile marker in your childhood. Read each aloud to each other and let the moment flow into the beautiful conversation that will follow.
5. Make a list of a few of the major lessons or skills your father has taught you and frame it. Wrap up and present in front of the family, or personally!
6. You can't go wrong with a game night! Maybe it's traditional, but add pizza (or dad's favorite food) and you may just have the perfect celebration. It can be hard for us to slow our schedules long enough to indulge in some play time, but it can create a beautiful moment that will bring you closer together.
6. Get creative and fantasize together about how life would be different if you did something beautiful together for a charitable organization, or if you each had your own dream house, or what the perfect career or dream vacation would look like. Take notes. This is will not only let you each into each other's ideals and aspirations, but you can even create a short story from the list, as though 'once upon a time' your hero made his dream happen!
7. Spread pictures of the family all over the dining table or living room rug and simply go back in time, recalling the beauty, sadness and adventure you have experienced together!
Of course, you can always still go out to lunch or dinner or even have a party. Those are just some creative suggestions for a more meaningful Father's Day. As usual, you can depend on Ontario Bakery to make your celebration even sweeter with our wide selection of cakes and other delectable delights! Call us now, and let us know how we can best honor your dad this Father's Day!