- Groom: Look for something you wish you had, but could never really imagine buying for yourself. For example, when was the last time you purchased a velvet smoking jacket or a hand-carved pipe? Go for something luxurious, but hold back a little: If you buy something too outrageous, your groomsmen may never use it, or may feel awkward receiving it.
- Groomsmen: Buy the manly things -- it's as easy as that. Think of a man's wish list and then dive in fully! A silver or leather flask is one of the all-time greatest groomsman gifts: classic, yet occasionally practical, with an unabashed male-bonding quality that's hard to beat for it's price.
- Groom: Make sure it's got nothing to do with the bride. Nothing with the bride's face or signature. Remember, this is the end of being a bachelor. That's not a bad thing at all, but the gift should signify the keeping of his identity and manhood; despite traditional jokes of ball and chain imagery.
- Groomsmen: Avoid gifts that are too flamboyant, ridiculously cheap, or ....alive -- but this doesn't mean you have to choose something boring. If you're absolutely positive your college roommate really wants a "My Buddy Got Married and All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt" rag, by all means buy it. ... but it's not likely.
- Groom: Monograms. A well-placed set of initials can spice up even the most ordinary wallet, cigar case, or cuff link.
- Groomsmen: Remember that your gift needn't be something you can hold. If you've got a groomsman whose idea of fun involves training for that next triathlon, perhaps a mini membership to a gym or a few hours with a personal trainer would suit him. And, of course, a ticket to a sporting event is usually a hit.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Don't Forget the Groom and His Groomsmen! Wedding Gifts Ideas for Manly Side
When it's time to plan your wedding, the bride gets a lot of the attention. Let's make sure we don't forget the precious groom! He's had to take care of a lot of the wedding costs as well, while keep his blushing bride full of smiles! Here are some gift ideas for you to show him he too is special and loved!