In a generation of ordering things the way you want it, Ontario Bakery knows how to make your celebration even better! 2014 has been a wonderful year for us, as our family owned business has had the honor of highlighting your best side for all kinds of holidays and milestones!
We wanted to take this moment to send you off into a fabulous 2015 with a head start reminder of the top custom baked goods we are happy to create for you and your celebration!
From birthday cakes to wedding cakes, our cakes have their own reputation in Southern California for being both colorful and delicious; not to mention, unique to your liking! Our cakes come in a variety of flavors, shapes and colors, leaving you the most delightful options you can imagine!
Cake pops make a dashing compliment to any party for any age and occasion. These sweet bite size sweets are sure to bring a smile to all who enjoy them, from children's parties and bridal showers to Valentine's Day and the Fourth of July! They're delicious bites of cake on a stick? What's not to love?
Cookies are a nostalgic addition to any celebration and in our opinion, a great addition to a simple afternoon getting cozy with mom, dad or grandparents. From chocolate chip to oatmeal, we have your taste buds covered!
Ontario Bakery knows how to celebrate with you and even better, we take the stress out of the planning. So as we enter into this next year, take us with you for the ride! We'll make the new year sweeter for you!
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Saturday, December 20, 2014
Cinnamon is a feel-good foods. The scent is reminiscent of fall, a favorite time of year, and brings back memories of making apple pies with mom or grandma, and celebrating the holidays. As the year closes, we want to highlight the beauty and delicious benefits of cinnamon and why we love to bake with it!
- Numerous studies show that cinnamon regulates blood sugar, making it a great choice for diabetics and hypoglycemics alike. That’s also great news for anyone who wants stable energy levels and moods.
- It reduces LDL cholesterol levels. LDL is also known as the harmful cholesterol. Reducing it may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It has natural anti-infectious compounds. In studies, cinnamon has been effective against ulcer-causing H. pylori bacteria and other pathogens.
- It contains fiber, calcium, iron, and manganese —albeit small amounts to the typical dose of ground cinnamon.
- It’s been proven effective for menstrual pain and infertility. Cinnamon contains a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which studies show increases the hormone progesterone and decreases testosterone production in women, helping to balance hormones.
To take advantage of cinnamon’s potential benefits, incorporate it into more meals. One of the things I love about this spice is how versatile it is. I use it in both sweet and savory dishes, and I feel like I’m always finding new ways to add it to meals, snacks, and beverages. Here are 10 easy ideas:
- Sprinkle cinnamon into your coffee, or add it to your coffee grounds before brewing.
- Add a dash or two of cinnamon to hot oatmeal, overnight oats, or cold whole grain cereal.
- Fold cinnamon into yogurt, along with cooked, chilled quinoa, fresh cut fruit, and nuts or seeds.
- Freeze cinnamon in ice cubes to add zest and aroma to water or cocktails.
- Season roasted or grilled fruit with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Stir cinnamon into almond butter, or any nut or seed butter, and use as a dip for fresh apple or pear wedges or a filling for celery.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to lentil or black bean soup, or vegetarian chili.
- Season roasted cauliflower, sweet potatoes, spaghetti, and butternut squash with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon onto popped popcorn.
- Stir a little cinnamon into melted dark chocolate and drizzle over whole nuts to make spicy ‘bark’ or use as a dip or coating for fresh fruit.
Really, your options are endless. Cinnamon has been used for thousands of years to heal the body and enhance tastes. At Ontario Bakery, we love being apart of lasting memories in your families and would love to be a part of more. Please let us know what we can do to make the last of your 2014 have a sweet end! Call us today for your custom baked cakes and more!
Monday, December 15, 2014
Nothing says Christmas like a cute gingerbread man, especially if you make it yourself. Spending time with the young children in our homes not only creates quality time spent together, but also boosts fine motor skills. These ideas are simple and fun. So, gather the family and your art supply stash and go to work making a craft that you'll enjoy for many holidays to come. The end result with be warm, sweet and fun!
Start With the Story
Gingerbread Man Cookies!
Paper Gingerbread Man
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Fresh ginger is not as friendly looking as powdered ginger, which comes in a neat little canister along with all of the other dried spices. It goes into baked goods along with dry ingredients and requires no prep time. Fresh ginger, on the other hand, looks a little alien by comparison. The bulbous root is firm and it’s not obvious how to use it – especially in baking – if you’ve never used it before. Fresh ginger has a bright, slightly spicy flavor to it that can really make some baked goods a lot more interesting, so it is worth giving it a shot at least a few times.
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
The Christmas baking season is upon us and its time to get out the recipes! At Ontario Bakery, you can bet that we are rolling up our sleeves and getting started with custom orders and loving it!
Baking is a fun activity to do with the kids and is sometimes a family tradition. If you decide to get things cooking at home, you may want to reach for some healthier ingredients or methods.
Often when you use healthier alternatives in recipes, the flavor or texture may differ. Keep an open mind, your taste buds soon get used to the change and it is worth it when you reap the benefits! Just by making a few simple tweaks, you can make better-for-you bakes. Here are four tips to get you on your way:
We at Ontario Bakery love keeping you happy whether we make a custom cake or other dessert for you or if you choose to take on the baking at home. www.ontariobakery.com