As graduation approaches, it's important to reflect on possibility. Will you be great? How do you plan to step into your greatness?
While we are simply a bakery, we are a thriving bakery that loves what we do. We've succeeded at our dreams and want the same for you? What are your dreams? What do you want to make or become? It's all possible.
Many people go through the motions of school, then college, then job, family etc... only to feel frustrated that their life is simply taking on the cycle of so many around and before them. But why? Haven't you done all that you have been told to do? I'm sure you have. But therein lies the problem. When you only simply follow the pattern and do what's normal, then what's normal is what you will get.
If you want to graduate into greatness and live a life you're proud of, you'll have to be part of the 5% that actually do it. (95% of people want the same thing, but don't make the small consistent changes needed to get where they want to go or be what they want to be).
We've learned a few secrets on the road to success in life and are honored to pass them on to you today. This year, go from graduation into greatness.
1. Know what you love. If you don't know what you love, then commit at least 5 hours per week to simply having healthy fun and get to know what it is that lights your fire. If you do know what you love, take those same 5 hours and commit to doing it more and doing it better. This is, perhaps the most important step. The best success in life comes from being passionate about what we do. If you love to run, by all means, run. You may be the next CEO for a fortune 500 athletic company and change the health and lives of people all over the globe.
2. Be consistent in the small steps. Study what the successful people do - not just the big things, but the small habits. Some may be writing 3 points of gratitude each morning, waking up at 6am, turning off work by 4pm, or 30 minutes of fitness. Look at what not only brings success to your heroes but also joy. Then consider what could be plugged in to your life. Do it every single day. Like compounded interest, you may not see the results immediately, but give it a few weeks, months, years... and be amazed at the reward of consistency in your steps.
3. Gratitude. Always be thankful for where you have been - each blessing and challenge. They have made you who you are and should inspire your next step. Use the past to motivate you toward bigger and better. When life is hard, stop and be thankful for the small things, for the people, for never ending opportunity and for the forgiveness of failure. Next point.
4. You will fail. That's part of the process. Will you quit or learn? One thing you'll learn from failure is to forgive it and let it go. It's ok. The failure doesn't define you, but rather how you learn from it and what you do with it.
5. Always know your why. Do you know why your doing what your doing? Are you doing it to please people's expectation? Are you doing it because you want to make a difference? Are you doing it because you are afraid? Are you doing it because it brings you joy? (Maybe revisit point 1?)
All in all, your greatness is in you but it needs to be nurtured. It's not something to step into as if it's 'out there somewhere', but it's for you to embrace, feed and enjoy. It's in your hands.
You've gotten this far and you have a lot to be proud of. No matter where life takes you next, we want to be there for you. Please give us at Ontario Bakery a call and order your custom cake today.