Birthdays aren’t easy to plan. There’s a lot of work that goes into it. Imagine if you have twins or children with their birthdays in the same week! You don’t want one to feel skimped and you don’t want to dip into your savings either!
With all the families we have worked with (and with our own), we at Ontario Bakery know what you need to know to have a budget friendly birthday party for multiple kids without compromising on the fun!
- For kids with birthdays near each other, celebrate one birthday a week or so early and the other, a week or so later. Discuss this with the kids and see how they feel. Explain the pro’s and con’s and come to a decision together.
- Lower your expectations. With people displaying their celebration triumphs all over pinterest and facebook, it’s hard to feel like your party will be ‘pin worthy’, but you have to let go of that ideal. Your party is for your child. Let them feel celebrated and keep it memorable. How your neighbors do it has nothing to do with the long term memories!
- Combine. This option works for some, but not others. Some kids are happy to share their birthday party with a sibling and others will feel swept aside. Doing it together may allow for more fun options like bounce house rentals or admission tickets to a fun park. Talk to your kids and see what seems fun to them!
- Cut your guest list. Not everyone has to come. Decide which family members can come and which friends your child is closest to. Go with the relationships that have meaning over the ones that are just there as party fillers.
- Order your cake custom made at Ontario Bakery. You can have both names on the cake or two mini cakes! Order cake pops as well, or any other custom need for sweets.
- Make it a potluck. Ask everyone to bring a snack. Picky eaters are satisfied and you’re not stuck over buying and then wasting.
- Meet at a park. Parks are free and you can usually reserve a picnic table for your party. Bring towels and swim clothes if it will be summer, so the kids can take advantage of swimming options if there are any!
- Choose usable party favors! Skip the dollar store kazoos. Those break and will be tossed. Instead, go with something that can be reused. Perhaps fun cookie cutters, a small kit, bubbles or similar.
Your party should be memorable for the people that were there and the children you celebrated. Remember, Ontario Bakery is always here for your custom cake and sweet needs. We bake special order cakes, cake pops, cookies and more for all celebrations from baby showers to weddings. Call us today and let us be a part of your next celebration!