When you’re planning a wedding, you need things to be simple and dependable. The big day is far too important for you to be calling, double checking and reminding the people you’ve hired about the details that are so important to you. From your dress to the reception hall and cake, keep it as simple as possible.
So the last thing you need is for cake shopping to be complicated, right? It’s important that you have the right cake that both fits the look of your wedding and your taste preferences.
The simplest way to do this is to meet with a cake stylist to make sure everything is as you want it. Not all bakeries have one on staff, so be sure to call ahead of time to check.
Other helpful ways to keep it simple:
- Go with a tried and true suggestion from a family or friend. (Call and interview first though!)
- Ask the baker if you can taste samples of cakes and icings. You need to decide on the cake flavor, icing in between layers, and outer icing.
- Bring photographs or pages from bridal magazines with you. A picture IS worth a thousand words. So, if you have something in mind already, show the baker a picture. It's easier than trying to explain everything in words.
- Pick your cake top out ahead of time and bring it with you to the baker. Some cake tops are heavy and may need special consideration or support. The cake topper may look too small or big for the cake you had in mind. The baker can help you with sizing of the top cake.
- Ask the baker how far in advance they bake the cake and how far in advance they frost it. You want the freshest possible wedding cake, but not a last minute cake either.
- If you have special decorations like pillars, columns, cake tops, flowers, etc., find out if there are extra charges. Most likely there will be extra fees if you have an elaborate setup.
- Ask about the setup and delivery options and charges. Don't send a friend or relative to pick up your cake please! Let the professional baker deliver it and set it up.
When selecting a bakery for your upcoming event you want the very best and definitely the most simple. So visit us at Ontario Bakery in California. We deliver just what you’re looking for and with all the ease you need!
Happy wedding planning!