You’re planning a wedding and don’t have the time for extra stress. You need a process that’s dependable and simple so you can focus your attention on the love you’re about to celebrate! Don’t waste your precious time calling, double checking and reminding the people you’ve hired about all the details that are so important to you. From your dress to the reception hall and cake, keep it as simple as possible. At Ontario Bakery, we’ve learned the good, bad and the ugly of wedding planning, so take it from us!
- Go with a tried and true suggestion from a family or friend. (Call and interview first though!)
- The best way to keep it simple is to meet with a cake stylist to make sure everything is as you want it. Not all bakeries have one on staff, so be sure to call ahead of time to make sure they have one.
- Ask the baker how far in advance they bake the cake and how far in advance they frost it. You want the freshest possible wedding cake, but not a last minute cake either.
- Ask if you are able taste samples of cakes and icings. You need to decide on the cake flavor, icing in between layers, and outer icing. Trust me, this is so helpful so you aren’t shocked by the flavors and their combinations when it’s too late!
- Bring pictures that inspire you or even create a Pinterest board to share with your cake stylist. A picture IS worth a thousand words. So, if you have something in mind already, show the baker a picture. It's easier than trying to explain everything in words.
- Pick your cake top out ahead of time and bring it with you to the baker. Some cake tops are heavy and may need special consideration or support. The cake topper may look too small or big for the cake you had in mind. The baker can help you with sizing of the top cake.
- If you have special decorations like pillars, columns, cake tops, flowers, etc., find out if there are extra charges. Most likely there will be extra fees if you have an elaborate setup.
- Ask about the setup and delivery options and charges. Don't send a friend or relative to pick up your cake please! Let the professional baker deliver it and set it up.You deserve to spend your time celebrating and enjoying the process. So keep it simple and let us help you with the crazy details. Visit us at Ontario Bakery in California. We deliver just what you’re looking for and with all the ease you need!