Of course, it’s important that you have the right cake that both fits the look of your wedding and your taste preferences, so you want to be very clear and know what you want from the beginning. Once you know exactly what you want:
- Meet with a cake stylist to make sure everything is as you want it. Not all bakeries have one on staff, so be sure to call ahead of time to check.
- Choose a bakery that your friends and family love and trust.
- Ask the baker if you can taste samples of cakes and icings. You need to decide on the cake flavor, icing in between layers, and outer icing.
- Bring photographs or pages from bridal magazines with you. A picture IS worth a thousand words. So, if you have something in mind already, show the baker a picture. It's easier than trying to explain everything in words.
- Ask the baker how far in advance they bake the cake and how far in advance they frost it. You want the freshest possible wedding cake, but not a last minute cake either.
- If you have special decorations like pillars, columns, cake tops, flowers, etc., find out if there are extra charges. Most likely there will be extra fees if you have an elaborate setup.
- Ask about the setup and delivery options and charges because you always want your cake delivered. Never send a friend or relative to pick up your cake please! Let the professional baker deliver it and set it up.
As you can see, when you know what you want and you’re properly prepared, this can be a smooth, direct and simple process. And if you’re in the Southern California area, we’d love to be the bakers for you. So visit us at Ontario Bakery in California. Stress free and exactly what you need.